2018 has been a big one for Black Bark Films - have a look at our highlights below. In 2019 we would love to collaborate more, so if you have ideas for projects, shorts or promos that you are dying to get out there do get in contact.
- Our first feature length documentary made in association with the Landworkers' Alliance In Our Hands, was shown by communities across the UK from Cornwall to the Scottish Highlands over 300 times! This look at food and farming in the UK post Brexit was also officially selected for the British Documentary Film Festival in London, New Earth International Film Festival in Krakow, Life Sciences Film Festival in Prague and Courage Film Festival in Berlin. Keep your eye out for more screenings on the In Our Hands page.
- Our first international shoot to accompany Gerald Myles from COCA in Pembrokeshire to Germany for a 33,000 strong demonstration in support of small scale farming - included filming Gerald ride a tractor through the streets of Berlin!
- Continuing to support and document the work of the Land Workers' Alliance at their AGM.
- Received funding to begin exploring our relationship with land and land ownership in the UK, working alongside the Land Justice Network.
- We've loved working with our favourite camera person Florence Pellacani on many of these projects.